The development of the group’s activities, which seeks to open another 150 restaurants in France by 2017, requires the strong involvement of the legal department. Its major mission is to help the companies’ various internal clients and to optimize and secure their activity in all areas. With the project of implementing a software to manage any type of contracts and commercial leases, KFC’s legal department had the following main objectives:
- Facilitate the management of real estate documents and franchise contracts;
- Increase both in-house counsel’s proactivity and collaborative work;
- Modernize the legal department’s working tools;
- Have an optimum mapping of its real estate portfolio.
After a request for information launched in 2012, KFC chose a software that responded to its specific needs. Legal Suite met its requirements as a solution that is complete and offering a multitude of features, in particular because KFC found it:
- Easy to use and suitable for the terminologies of the company and its work processes;
- Secure and accessible in full web;
- Flexible and scalable for additional modules that integrate seamlessly in the entire system;
- With personalized access codes for each user;
- Efficient in contract lifecycle management (alerts, notifications, reporting, advanced search, classification, archiving, etc.).
The modules implemented with the Legal Suite team have allowed us to ensure better management of our real estate and all of our contracts, but also to perform macro and micro economic activity analyses through the software’s reporting features.
- The Legal Suite teams closely accompanied the legal department to understand its needs, and to help customize some of the features according to the management rules defined by KFC and its organizational context. In order to optimize the deployment of the software solution in SaaS mode, the company mobilized resources dedicated to managing the project, integrating the contracts and enriching the software platform.
- The implementation of the Legal Suite modules was strengthened through training courses to transfer both software skills and management autonomy to KFC’s legal department.